Monday, March 30, 2015

One Direction

...by Anouk

I got to celebrate my birthday early this year. My dad worked hard to get tickets to the 1D concert here in Johannesburg. He got four tickets. Since he and Xavier didn't want to go, I got to pick 2 friends to go with me and celebrate my birthday.

It was an outstanding concert!!

We started out by getting on the "party" bus and playing "Heads Up" on my mom's phone. We were SUPER goofy because we were so excited about our first concert. Though we had seen a video about 1D and how girls cry at the concert, I didn't think girls would already be doing it. But they were! On the bus. There were women crying before we even got to the stadium.

Once there, my vegetarian friends and I had no trouble dashing past the braai (South African word for BBQ) and hamburgers. The line to get inside was very, very, very long, but it felt quick because Cliana, Chloe, and I danced, sang, and goofed off 'til we got to security. 

The first person who sang was named Johnny Apple (He won "South Africa's Got Talent" in 2013). He was pretty good. But when he was over all we wanted was One Direction. 

But they were late. So the crowd sang and danced to "The Macarena," did "the wave," and clapped in unison hoping they would come on stage. When they did--it was worth it! We danced and sang and screamed until our voices wore out. The people on the ground threw hats, posters, teddy bears, and even a bra on stage! Harry Styles threw water at the audience and I think the girls probably fainted. (Just in case you don't know their names, they are Liam, Niall, Harry, and Louis. If you know the band well enough, you'd notice I missed one. That's because Zayn left the band.

I'm SO excited that excited my dad got tickets. Me and my buddies where giggling for hours. It was  a very fun night and the firework display was really good, like a 3 D movie! My first concert was worth tiredness on sundae.  

Here are the photos of her adventure!


No comments: