Thursday, October 01, 2015

Madam President

written by Anouk...

I've had an exciting month! On October 9th and 10th I will be the lead in a play called "When a Bad Plan Goes wrong." I will play the witch named Nightshade! This character is a lot of fun to play because she is evil to her minions while she tries to kill the princess with a blueberry smoothie. It may sound like I have an evil and bad role, but my lines are hilarious! And it's funny to see how my character messes up her evil plan! I can't wait to show you the video over the summer.

The next piece of big news is that I was selected by my class as a 5th grade class representative. I then met with the Elementary Principal and our school Superintendent to share my thoughts about our school's future. They liked my ideas so much that they told my parents and then the Superintendent talked about me in front of all of the Model United Nations students visiting at our school! I'm turning in to a superstar!

From there, I went to the first meeting and we all had to select an Executive Committee. Over the holiday weekend, I worked on a video (that my papa kinda screwed up a bit) but on Monday, when I went to show my video... it didn't work! So here is my chance to share it with someone.



But after the video didn't show, I had 2 seconds to create a speech straight from my heart. I guess I did a pretty good job (even though I stuttered) because I am PRESIDENT!!! You heard me right! PRESIDENT! Or... you can call me Madam President.

When I got home after play practice, I teased my parents and Xavier about getting the job. When I finally told them the truth, they kinda jumped around with happiness. We went to my favorite Mexican restaurant (in Joburg) to celebrate. 



Now... I have to get started on my first few jobs where I make my school a better place!
  1. Introduce all the members of my team (in a clever video)
  2. Give a speech at next Thursday's assembly
  3. Share my new initiative: "Meet and Greet with Madam President"
If you have any more ideas... let me know!

-Anouk (with Mama's help!)

2 comments:

Mrs. Carpenter said...

Congratulations, Anouk! Here is one of my favorite quotes that I think you may be able to relate to...

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.

-Barack Obama

One of the great things about making changes is that not only are you making the world a better place, but you are inspiring others to act as well.

Go Anouk!


the Langlands family said...

Wow Mrs. Carpenter. That is a very good quote. Maybe I will steal that and use it in my assembly speech next week.